Saturday, August 25, 2007

First Place Apple Pies!

OK y'all get ready to laugh because this is kinda a funny story.
Every year on the base we have an event called Frontiercade. Remember back in grade school when you had a field day, and did things like a 3 legged race, stuff like that? That's pretty much what this is. And there's also a chili cookoff and an apple pie baking contest.

Well, there's this woman we have dubbed the "Chili Nazi". She's usualyy a judge and us just so stinking mean! Last year, everyone lined up their chili & the apple pies were right across the tent. So everyone goes and samples the chili, but when we go to the otherside of the tent to taste the pies, this behemoth yellsat the whole tent---THE PIES ARE NOT FOR TASTING!!! Meanwhile her lard ass goes down the table and gets a piece of all 20 pies.

I decided NO MORE! I will enter the pie contest and beat Lucifer at her own game. I entered the pie contest and made fried apple pies. AND I WON FIRST PLACE!!!!!! About 150 people judged this year, there was a judging panel and a people's choice, and I won! I'd been talking all week about how angry this woman makes me, she is evil and must be crushed.

HAHA TAKE THAT CHILI NAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Christine said...

THAT'S AMAZING! Way to go...it is now confirmed. The way you will take over the world is to become the next Paula Deen (sp?)..you'll have cooking shows, books, magazines, tours, restaurants. The future is yours!

DrKeri said...

I am so impressed that you've become a culinary guru!