Saturday, August 11, 2007

A weekend in Vegas--a true story of dancing, a hotel shooting, wildfires, burning cars, and the infamous NippleMan

Well for 4th of July weekend Hannah flew out and then we went out to Vegas to celebrate. It was going to be one last hurrah for summer and before I had my first foot surgery. We had such a blast. We stayed at the New York New York. Our first night we went to a Cirque du Soleil show, 'Ka' and it was fantastic. The sets constantly changed and it was really amazing. On our way back to the room however, the hotel was blocked by police and crime scene tape!? I thought someone had made off with some loot, but come to find out some dude went crazy and started shooting from a balcony AT PEOPLE in the lobby playing slots!!!! I'm glad we were at the show!

The next day we walked around town and had sushi at Todai's which is an all-you-can-eat sushi buffet. YUM!!!!! On our way back we see choppers circling the strip and we're like what's going on???? A car had burnt to the ground in the middle of the strip! It caught on fire with a family inside, they made it out safely and then it was Disco Inferno! A tourist we talked to said people started running like Godzilla was coming, b/c explosions were coming from the car!

Went to MGM grand later that night and danced the night away. The next night we went to a piano bar in our hotel and it was so much fun. But at one point Andy and Sam had gone to the bathroom, so Hannah and I were dancing, when this guy comes up beside us. He then proceeds to give us the worst pick up line I've ever heard...
He lifts up his shirt, shows us 1 of his nipples and says "look what I've got" haha! and we looked at him and said wow that's great. Then he lifts up the other side and says 'there's plenty more where that came from' HAHAHA!!!!! It was so funny, Hannah and I just laughed and laughed and dubbed him "The Nippleman"

Our last night we went to the Palms Hotel where we went to 4 clubs inside the hotel. By far Rain was the coolest club I have ever been to. There was this flamethrower that would come down over the dancers and just go to town shooting fire from the sides, it was so friggin cool!

On our way back home, we were detoured in Utah for 4 hours! Lighning had started a massive wildfire, and it ended up burning over 150 miles! So it was quite a long car ride back, but Andy kept us laughing pretty much the whole way. He comes up with the most random funniest stuff I have ever heard, I'm so glad I married a guy with a crazy sense of humor!

Sorry it took so long to get the post up, but enjoy the pics!!!!!

2 comments:

Christine said...

All the pictures are great!!! Such attractive loved ones I have (yes, Sam included).

Hannah said...

I'm so excited that you posted all the pictures!! Oh the fun we had! I had almost forgotten about Nipple Man. Oh the memories! :) Love you and Miss you!